Career Listings Back to Career Listings
Alberta Health Services, Wetaskiwin / Red Deer, AB
Occupational Therapist I
Red Deer, AB (Requisition # 294931)
Wetaskiwin, AB (Requisition # 273162)
The successful candidate will, as a member of a multidisciplinary team, provide Occupational Therapy services to school-aged children in Central Alberta with complex, severe needs, as well as those with low incidence disabilities. Duties will include: assessments, consultation and capacity building activities with other service providers, school personnel, and families, as well as direct intervention services as required.
- Must be a graduate of a recognized school of OT and hold a current registration with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT).
- Minimum of 3 years working with children with complex, severe needs, as well as those with low incidence disabilities.
- Must have experience working on a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team.
- Must have experience working with fine motor skills, visual-motor/visual perceptual skills, sensory processing & self regulation, self care abilities, feeding & swallowing, environmental aid/equipment needs, and life skills/vocational considerations.
- Must have extensive experience with augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) and assistive technology (AT).
- Must have experience working in both an Inclusive Education environment, as well as congregated programs for children with special needs.
- Must have own vehicle.
- BCLS-HCP certificate required.
Please apply directly to our website: