Career Listings Back to Career Listings
Altum Health, Toronto, ON
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012
Position: PHYSIOTHERAPIST OR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: ALTUM HEALTH
Reports to: Manager
Salary Range: $32.27/hr (minimum) - $40.34hr (midpoint)
Status: Temporary Full-Time (1 Year)
UHN Altum Health provides expert opinion and recommendations to employers, insurers, and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) customers regarding file and disability management. These services assist with file closure, timely and appropriate diagnostic, medical and rehabilitation goods and services, recommendations and specialist opinions, if needed, at any point in the continuum of care. Our specialized and varied clinical resources, including diagnostics allow us the flexibility of offering customized services to our clients. UHN Altum Health remains focused on providing high quality care. We are proud in knowing that our clients consistently rate our services as ‘very good’ to ‘excellent’.
We are currently looking for an experienced Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with knowledge, skills and abilities in the rehabilitation and return to work of injured workers. The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team primarily within the Foot and Ankle and Hip and Knee Programs which are divisions within our Occupational Rehabilitation Programs. Experience with work related injuries, activity based rehabilitation, work simulation, functional ability evaluations and return to work planning preferred. An approach including both physical and psychosocial interventions is essential. The successful candidate must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team including other Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Kinesiologists, Orthopaedic and Plastic Surgeons, Return to Work Coordinators and OTA/PTAs. Strong communication, teamwork and service excellence skills are important. We prefer candidates with at minimum two years experience specific to this job.
- University Degree as required by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario or the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Certificate of Registration with the College of Physiotherapists or the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Two (2) years related experience in the treatment of clients/patients with work related injuries, MVA and/or experience in the third party health care system
- FAE and Return to work planning skills preferred
- WorkWell Iserhagen certification preferred
- Experience working with individuals with lower extremity amputations preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, oral, and nonverbal communication skills
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job
- Ability to provide group education sessions and lead small group learning
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Application for PT/OT – Toronto Western Hospital” in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest and wish you success as you pursue your career objectives with Altum Health.
Altum Health has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.