Career Listings Back to Career Listings
FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services, locations across Ontario
FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services is a community based rehabilitation practice that provides qualified and experienced occupational therapists to serve clients in their homes.
We specialize in the provision of Occupational Therapy services. Our focus is in the areas of traumatic and acquired neurological injuries, and severe orthopedic injuries in the adult and pediatric populations. Our therapists perform clinical work focusing on treatment of the injured clients in their homes, school or work settings.
Our strong team of clinicians is hand-picked and includes veterans from some of the Province’s top rehabilitation and trauma centres.
We currently have openings for full time clinicians across the province. At FunctionAbility, we appreciate the importance of balancing work and family priorities. As a result, while you will be assigned a case load, its scheduling will be completely up to you hence providing for ample flexibility.
The successful candidates will possess the following traits:
- Motivated self starter with superior technical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Computer skills (i.e. ability to work in MS Word and Outlook);
- Great interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with different personality types;
- A minimum of three years clinical experience;
- You work well both independently and as part of a group; and,
- Since all therapy is provided in the community setting, you need to have access to an automobile.
When part of our team, the successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Initial Home/Safety/Attendant Care Assessments.
- Facilitate discharge planning for clients from acute care/rehab settings.
- Assessment and Treatment of individuals suffering from various neurological and orthopedic disorders/injuries.
- Assist clients in establishing and meeting meaningful goals within the home and community setting.
- Liaise with various community partners and rehab professionals to facilitate client goals and independence.
FunctionAbility provides services across the province and we accept applications at all geographies. We are especially interested in hearing from therapists located in the GTA, Ottawa, Kawarthas, London, Kitchener-Waterloo and Hamilton areas.
If you are interested in becoming part of our talented clinician team, please submit your resume to:
Nick Gurevich, Executive Director
FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services
7851 Dufferin Street, Suite #102
Vaughan, Ontario L4J 3N4
Tel: (905) 764-2340