Career Listings Back to Career Listings
New deadline! CAOT Intern, Ottawa, ON
The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists CAOT Intern position is offered to provide experience working at the CAOT National Office to an occupational therapist with recent post graduate studies. The goal of the Fellowship is to offer work experience for occupational therapists that provide learning opportunities to:
- Develop leadership capacity;
- Promote the role of occupational therapists in public policy, advocacy and representation;
- Address current professional issues influencing occupational therapy through the development and/or application of research in practice.
The successful candidate will be employed by CAOT for a period of 12 months in a role as a CAOT Intern. The CAOT Intern monitors and analyzes domestic and international policy related to professional practice with the purpose of advocating for access to occupational therapy services and promoting excellence in occupational therapy practice. The CAOT Intern works with CAOT, its partners and stakeholders in preparing materials for a wide variety of stakeholders in order to promote the interests of the profession.
Selection Criteria for Fellowship:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy and recent (within 2 years) completion of additional graduate studies;
- Individual membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists;
- Interest in professional issues, public policy, advocacy and administration as demonstrated in previous work or volunteer experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Research skills and experience;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Willingness to locate to Ottawa to work at CAOT National Office;
- Bilingual (English/French) or willingness to become bilingual.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop policy briefs, position statements, advocacy material and other resources;
- Monitor and analyze current research opportunities and funding trends as appropriate;
- Develop project proposals in areas related to practice and policy;
- Manage projects as required within resources allocated and determined timelines; and
- Participate in operations and governance activities as required.
Value of Fellowship Award: $50,000
Applicants must submit in writing:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation, (1) from the program director of their school, and
(2) from an academic or clinical leader in occupational therapy or related discipline
- A complete set of official transcripts from a university occupational therapy program
- Essay- see template
Written documents to be received at:
CAOT National Office
Att: S. Maurice Kay
100-34 Colonnade Rd
Ottawa ON K2E 7J6
Postmarked before February 29, 2016
Competition ends: February 29, 2016
A CAOT selection committee will evaluate the full applications. Upon completion of the review, CAOT will award the Fellowship. The successful candidate will be profiled in the CAOT Occupational Therapy Now practice magazine. Anticipated commencement of work will be June 2016.
If you are interested in this opportunity the deadline has been extended to February 29th, 2016.
Please send your application to:
Suzanne Maurice Kay
Human Resources Manager
Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
Tel: 613-523-2268, ext. 228 1-/800-434-2268 ext. 228