Career Listings Back to Career Listings
Occupational Therapist – Clinical Advisor
We’re looking for an occupational therapist with clinical experience to join our Special Care Services team for a temporary assignment of approximately 10 months. You’ll be a clinical resource and a member of an interdisciplinary case management team that is committed to providing high quality service to severely injured workers, by assisting them to develop and maintain independence in self- care, vocational rehabilitation, and daily living activities.
What you’ll do
As an occupational therapist – clinical advisor you will:
• Apply theoretical knowledge to the assessment, interpretation, planning, and implementation of health care benefits including, but not limited to, home and vehicle modifications
• Conduct onsite visits to injured workers, worksites, and external service providers of clinical programs to ensure services being provided to injured workers meet quality standards
• Provide education sessions as needed, to both internal and external audiences
• Independently, and as part of an interdisciplinary team, prioritize, plan, and organize a challenging and variable workload
• Educate, consult, and motivate others and act as a resource to co-workers
• Build and maintain trusting and cooperative working relationships with individuals and organizations in an environment that is often adversarial
• Develop and present education sessions and programs
• Work in a computerized environment using Microsoft software
• Travel throughout the region and stay overnight
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia.
We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the almost
2.3 million workers and 210,000 employers in our province.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit our career page
and select Current Opportunities to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: February 2, 2017
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.