Career Listings Back to Career Listings
Woelke Occupational Therapy and Neurofeedback, Ottawa Valley
Woelke Occupational Therapy and Neurofeedback (WOTN) is currently searching for an occupational therapist based in the Ottawa Valley (Pembroke/Petawawa) and surrounding region (North Bay).
Woelke Occupational Therapy and Neurofeedback is a community and clinic-based rehabilitation practice with clinics in Ottawa, Pembroke and North Bay.
We specialize in the provision of occupational therapy and neurofeedback services. Although our intervention spans a wide range of ages and modalities, our current primary intervention focus in the Ottawa Valley includes mental health and brain injury (including post-concussive syndrome). Given the proximity to military bases in Petawawa and North Bay, a large portion of the successful candidate’s caseload will include military veterans and members of the Canadian Forces.
We currently have an opening for a clinician based in the Ottawa Valley and into the North Bay region. Caseload will initiate on a part-time basis with the expectation that it will grow to full-time as the provider gains experience and skill. This position is a developing role, with the clinician participating in the development of new initiatives. (Pediatric services, group therapies, etc.)
Extensive education regarding neurophysiology, biofeedback and neurofeedback will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO) in good standing
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience is preferred
- Current Class G Ontario Driver’s License and the ability to travel within the service area
The successful candidates will possess the following traits:
- Motivated and self-directed learner
- Proactive and autonomous
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
As a part of our team, the successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Report writing
- Emotional regulation and stress management training
- Biofeedback training (EEG and HRV)
- EEG acquisition
- In-home and community activation and exposure programs
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Mental health strategy education
- Development and on-going implementation and evaluation of functional plans in partnership with the clinical team
- Pediatric assessment and intervention (sensory integration training, self-regulation training, behavior management, handwriting, etc.)
- Collaborate with clinical staff and families in the development and implementation of goals and strategies
- Collect and summarize clinical data for reports as required
- Problem solve, providing coaching and mentoring to clients, technicians, and the client's family on program implementation
- In-home safety assessment (including equipment prescription)
- Pain Management education and program development
- Return to work program development
If you are interested in joining our clinician team, please submit your resume to Kevin George at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New graduates are welcome to apply.