Career Listings Back to Career Listings
The Ministry of Education, Training & Employment, Grand Cayman
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012
The Ministry of Education, Training & Employment invites applications for the post of:
Occupational Therapist – Sunrise Training Centre
Salary: CI$49,044– CI$65,964 per annum
The post holder will provide professional therapeutic services, facilitate rehabilitative and recreational programmes, and the oversee implementation of individual programme goals for adult clients at the Sunrise Adult Training Centre (SRC).
Assess, plan, organize, and implement rehabilitative and recreational programs that facilitate the development and maintenance of daily living and vocationally-directed skills which promote the general independence of adults with disabilities or developmental delays.
- Plan, organize, and deliver Occupational Therapy (OT) programs at the Sunrise Training Centre (SRC) and in community settings to rehabilitate and train those impaired because of illness, injury, mental health or developmental problems.
- Formally and informally assess clients' physical abilities and analyze medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for patients.
- Select activities that will help individuals learn work and life-management skills appropriate to their mental and physical capabilities.
- Evaluate clients' progress and prepare reports that detail progress, Complete and maintain necessary records.
- Develop and participate in health promotion programs, group activities, or discussions to promote client health, social adjustment, stress management, and physical or mental well-being.
- Consult with SRC staff in the selection of activity programs and coordinate occupational therapy with other therapeutic activities.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
The post holder must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy, and Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy would be beneficial. Completion of the National Certification Board of Examinations to become a registered OT in Canada, UK, USA, or Caribbean. The successful candidate should meet eligibility requirements to be registered within the Cayman Islands. The successful candidate must have work experience in schools or training centers serving adults with disabilities for more than 3 years. Administrative skills that enable him/her to perform duties in developing a budget, completing annual department reports, drafting equipment orders, and developing trainings and workshops.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law (2007 Revision) and Regulations (2006), the Public Service Pensions Law (2004 Revision) and the CINICO health plan.
PLEASE SUBMIT OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM, RESUME AND COVERING LETTER TO:
Human Resources Operational Manager
Ministry of Education, Training, & Employment
2nd Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman Ky1-9000
Job Description and Application forms are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs
Deadline for receipt of applications: February 1st, 2012