The Golden Quill Award
The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists acknowledges an individual author or a group of authors that has/have published an exceptional article in the Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy in the previous volume year. The author or group of authors need not be members of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or Canadian citizens.
Nominations must meet the following criteria:
1. Nominees must have published an article in Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy in the previous volume year.
2. The article must be deemed exceptional by a committee made up of:
i. The Editor of the Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy,
ii. Three members of the Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy Review Board,
iii. A member of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists Editorial Board, and
iv. A member of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists Awards committee.
3. An exceptional article will be defined as one that:
i. Is rigorously designed or argued,
ii. Demonstrates a high level of scholarship and critical thinking,
iii. Enhances the empirical and/or theoretical foundation of the profession by:
4. Contributing new knowledge to support development, implementation or evaluation of evidence-based services to occupational therapy clients, or
5. Illustrating the impact of occupational therapy services on clients’ everyday lives, or
6. Offering approaches or strategies to enhance the education of occupational therapy students or occupational therapists, or
7. Illustrating methodological excellence, or
8. Enhancing theoretical development in the field.
iv. Provides a model for excellent scholarly writing in the field.
- CAOT Executive Director & President
- Our History
- Definition of OT
- Annual Reports
- CAOT Awards
- Muriel Driver Memorial Lectureship
- Golden Quill Award
- Golden Quill Recipients
- Life Membership
- Honorary Member
- Dr. Helen P. Levesconte
- Award for Innovative Practice
- Award for Leadership in Occupational Therapy
- Award of Merit
- Citation Award
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Student Award
- CAOT-BC Outstanding Occupational Therapist of the Year Award
- Privacy Statement
- Research activities
- Terms and conditions
- Complaints Procedure