Strategies for interprofessional health care providers to address elder abuse/mistreatment
Interprofessional health care providers are often in positions to detect and manage situations of elder abuse/mistreatment. The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT) with funding from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) developed the following documents for health care providers across Canada that will provide information regarding elder abuse including, primary indicators, prevention, assessment, intervention protocols, relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and resources for older adults.
- Strategies for interprofessional health care providers to address elder abuse/mistreatment.
- List of trainers in the prevention, detection and intervention of elder abuse/mistreatment
- Key Legal Information
- Elder Abuse Webinar 2011
Please click on your province for specific resources.
For more information on this initiative, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Areas of advocacy
- CAOT Riding Initiatives
- Cost-effectiveness of Occupational Therapy in Canada
- OT Month
- Our initiatives
- CarFit Canada
- Caseload Management Tool Project
- Elder Abuse
- Internationally Educated Occupational Therapists
- Older Driver Blueprint
- Seniors Caring for Seniors
- Partnerships with National Groups