Momentum (Online Mentoring Module)
“Mentorship should be considered a process, a process for growth for both the mentee and mentor based on a more experienced individual proving guidance, knowledge and support to a colleague with less experience” (Beshay & Baptiste, 2013)
CAOT`s Momentum consists of four webinars that allow individuals/mentees to explore the concepts of mentorship, coaching, networking and partnering as well as to be matched with a mentor based on similar values, interests and professional paths.
- Recent graduates of occupational therapy programs
- Internationally educated occupational therapists
- Occupational therapists re-entering the workforce
- Occupational therapists transitioning into new roles
- Seasoned occupational therapists that can share professional experience and help younger or less experienced occupational therapists with a career development path
The mentorship pair uses a reflective process with a workbook to foster dialogue and encourage mutual evaluation of the expectations and efficacy of the relationship. Momentum’s goal is to assist an occupational therapist to foster professional growth through guided reflective processes for both the mentor and the mentee.
The Momentum experience is intended to open a new chapter in your professional and, often, personal life. The mentees and mentors will:
- work towards developing some objectives around personal professional growth,
- work together to explore and potentially achieve those objectives, and,
- gain an understanding of principles underlying mentor/mentee relationships.
Speaking about Momentum, a mentor said: “It is excellent for the growth and development of individuals and thus the profession.” Momentum can help to provide the relationships and opportunities to take the next steps in your career.
If you are interested in participating as a mentee…CAOT Members and Provisional Associates who have completed a degree in occupational therapy are eligible to participate.
Please contact email@example.com. The timing of the next offering of the program will be based on expressed demand.
If you are interested in participating as a mentor…
If you are a CAOT Member and you are interested in participating as a mentor, please complete this brief survey and we will contact you regarding the next offering. Mentors will be selected in a variety of practice settings and to correspond to the areas of growth that the mentees have indicated.
Momentum is offered to CAOT members only. Click here to find out more about membership opportunities.