Canada 150 special offer
Renew or join by September 30, 2017 to access the Canada 150 special offer:
- Individual rate (for one individual person): Purchase a bundle of 10 Practice Evidence Webinars from September 2012 to September 2018 for only $150 (save 50% off the individual rate).
- Group rate (for groups of up to 25 people, located in up to 3 sites/computers): Purchase a bundle of 10 Practice Evidence Webinars from September 2012 to September 2018 for only $750 (save 50% off the institutional/group rate).
How to purchase this special offer
Select the offer at checkout when you renew or join by September 30, 2017. Your Account will automatically be credited with 10 individual credits and an expiry date of September 30, 2018.
After you have completed your membership join/renew for 2017-2018, you may purchase this special offer through the CAOT Store by using this link for the group offer by September 30, 2017.
What are Practice Evidence Webinars?
Practice Evidence Webinars (formerly CAOT Lunch & Learn webinars) provide evidence-informed, occupation-based and practical resources and information that occupational therapists can take away and apply in their practice. They are offered on a wide range of topics to match the areas of practice of CAOT members.
List of included live Practice Evidence Webinars
All Practice Evidence Webinars from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018 are eligible for this bundle. For convenience, the planned Practice Evidence Webinars are below:
- October 10, 2017: A mindful occupational therapy practice
- October 17, 2017: The International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative: A common language to benefit those with eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties
- October 24, 2017: Using MOHO to identify how environments support participation for people with complex illness
- November 7, 2017: Em-POWERment: Power mobility training methods for children and adolescents with multiple severe disabilities
- November 14, 2017: Pressure management
- November 21, 2017: Alternative driving methods for people with muscle weakness
- November 28, 2017: Technology for older adults with age-related vision loss (ARVL): What do occupational therapists need to know?
- December 5, 2017: Work integration social enterprises (WISEs) as a means to enable inclusive employment
- December 12, 2017: Visual impairment and home environment
- January 9, 2018: Executive function and occupation therapy: An evidence-based approach to the assessment and treatment of pediatric clients/patients with brain injuries (Part 1)
- January 16, 2018: Executive function and occupation therapy: An evidence-based approach to the assessment and treatment of pediatric clients/patients with brain injuries (Part 2)
- January 23, 2018: Occupational therapy’s role in facilitating aging in place for clients with advanced dementia
- January 30, 2018: Personal factors and types of physical tasks in workplace injury
- February 13, 2018: Why outcomes and measurement matter more than ever for occupational therapy
- February 20, 2018: Using the Recovery Assessment Scale – Domains and Stages (RAS-DS) to assist people to drive and witness their own mental health recovery (3:00 p.m. ET)
- March 6, 2018: Relationships in end-of-life care: An occupational perspective
- March 13, 2018: Rehab and beyond: The integral role of occupational therapy across the continuum of care with pediatric brain injury
- March 20, 2018: Work-related traumatic brain injury
- March 27, 2018: Chronic conditions on-the-job: inflammatory/autoimmune disorders
- April 3, 2018: Decision-making capacity assessment model
- April 10, 2018: Dealing with dementia every day: Working with families to support people with responsive behaviours in mid-late stage dementia (Part 1)
- April 17, 2018: From paper to practice: Clinical application of evidence-based practice in seating and mobility
- April 24, 2018: Dealing with dementia every day: Working with families to support people with responsive behaviours in mid-late stage dementia (Part 2)
- May 1, 2018: Arthritis: products and life hacks
- May 8, 2018: Sleep interventions with children
- May 15, 2018: The evolution of splinting: Non-traditional splint design
- May 29, 2018: Supporting caregivers across the care continuum
- June 5, 2018: There’s an app for that? Occupational therapy in a new era of mobile technologies
- June 12, 2018: Therapeutic use of art: Evidence and clinical guide
- August 21, 2018: Easing the strain of pain on the brain: Practical, evidence-informed strategies for teaching pain self-management skills to people with brain injuries
- September 4, 2018: Occupational therapy approaches to anxiety with children and teens
- September 11, 2018: Occupation focus with children with autism
- September 18, 2018: Working with “difficult” clients
- September 25, 2018: Meal preparation groups
- Date to be confirmed: Assessing functional cognition
List of included On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinars
The 164 On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinars from September 2012 to September 2017 are included, as well as the On-Demand version of the Practice Evidence Webinars from October 2017 to September 2018. The On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinars webpage classifies the available On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinars by suggested area of practice, by suggested client age and those suggested for supporting your practice for convenience.
Special offer FAQ
How do I register for a Practice Evidence Webinar using my credits?
- Visit the list of Practice Evidence Webinars open for registration.
- Once you select your Webinar, use the ‘Register’ link to complete your registration. You will be prompted to ‘Login and Register’.
- Under the registration fee, select “Individual Credit use” in the dropdown menu to register using your credits.
- Your registration has been successfully completed when you receive a confirmation letter by email. You will also find a record of your registration in My Event Registrations/Certificates when you log into My Account.
How do I purchase an On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinar using my credits?
- Visit the list of On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinars.
- Once you select your Webinar, “Add to cart”.
- In your “Shopping Cart”, the On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinars should be $0.00 as long as you have sufficient credits on your Account.
- “Proceed to checkout”, then “Buy now”.
- On the payment page, confirm your personal details and “Pay Now”.
- Your purchase has been successfully completed when you receive a confirmation letter by email. You will also find a record of your registration in My Purchases when you log into My Account.
I forgot to add this special offer when joining/renewing. Can I still buy it?
Yes! After you have completed your membership join/renew for 2017-2018, you may purchase this special offer through the CAOT Store by using this link for the individual offer or this link for the group offer by September 30, 2017.
Can I purchase more than one of this special offer?
Yes! After you have completed your membership join/renew for 2017-2018, you may purchase additional bundles of 15 through the CAOT Store by using this link for the individual offer or this link for the group offer by September 30, 2017.
Can I purchase this special offer after September 30th?
No, this is a limited time offer that is only available until September 30, 2017. However after September 30th you may still purchase a webinar bundle to save an additional 20-75% the rate for one webinar.
For Canada 150 special offer
All cancellation/refund requests must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requests received within 48 hours after purchase will be given a 50% refund and any registrations completed using the bundle will be cancelled. No refunds will be granted more than 48 hours after purchase or after an On-Demand Webinar has been received.
For live Practice Evidence Webinars
All cancellation/refund requests must be sent in writing to email@example.com. Cancellation requests received prior to the registration deadline will be given a 50% refund. CAOT will not provide a refund after the registration deadline. If you are unable to attend the Webinar live, all webinars are recorded (unless there are exceptional technical difficulties) and registrants receive access to the recording following the Webinar.
CAOT reserves the right to cancel or modify all events. If a Practice Evidence Webinar is cancelled by CAOT, you will receive an adjustment on your bundle.
For On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinars
Access to the recording, handouts and certificates for On-Demand Webinars are provided automatically following purchase through the CAOT Store therefore no cancellations/refunds will be provided once the purchase is completed. Prior to purchasing an On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinar, please ensure your system meets the following technical requirements:
- Internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 13.0. To verify if Flash Player is installed and to update your version if required, click here and follow the instructions.
Because of the Adobe Flash Player requirement, typically a computer is required. If you would like to view the webinar recording on a mobile device, we invite you to consult the Adobe Connect Forums for additional information on your mobile device prior to purchasing the On-Demand Webinar.
If you experience technical difficulties with your On-Demand Practice Evidence Webinar, please provide details on your type of device and the technical difficulty you are experiencing to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you with troubleshooting.
Access the Webinars FAQ to find out:
- How long is each Webinar?
- Are the Webinars offered in English or in French?
- What is the maximum number of registrants for each live Practice Evidence Webinar?
- What do I need to do to prepare for the Webinar?
- When will I receive Webinar login information?
- What do I need to do the day of the Webinar?
- Will I receive handouts prior to the Webinar?
- How do I obtain a certificate of attendance for my professional development portfolio?
- How can I access a recorded version at a later time?
- What if I cannot attend the Webinar live?
- How can I get a receipt?
For additional questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-434-2268 ext. 222.