Understanding, Evaluating and Justifying Your Prescription of Seating and Mobility Systems
Sheila Buck B.Sc., OT Reg. (Ont.)
October 11, 2017
Ambassador Kingston Hotel and Conference Centre
The Ontario Room
1550 Princess Street
Kingston, ON K7M 9E3
Early Bird Deadline is September 18th!
Registration: 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Workshop: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join in this workshop and Sheila will facilitate your;
• review and understanding of current theories of seating and mobility
• understanding the need for a M.A.T. Assessment
• review of seating simulation
• consideration and understanding of 3 point positioning and line of force
• consideration of pressure management and postural control elements of seating
• utilization of assessment data for product parameter determination
• consideration of client centre of mass and wheelchair centre of gravity set up
• understanding the physics of propulsion techniques
Exhibitors will be available to
network and to showcase their products!
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Sheila Buck is an occupational therapist who has been working in the field of seating and mobility for over 20 years. She has presented papers and workshops at national and international conferences on topics of basic and advanced positioning with emphasis on pressure management, cognitive functioning and maintaining independent living skills and restraint reduction.
Sheila is the owner of Therapy NOW! Inc., in Southern Ontario, CANADA. Therapy NOW! is an occupational therapy company providing private consultation and education on seating and mobility assessments and prescription.
Most recently, Sheila has authored a clinical guide for seating and mobility titled: 'More Than 4 Wheels: Applying clinical practice to seating, mobility and assistive technology'.
Early Bird: $250
Early Bird: $350
OSOT Student Member
Early Bird: $150
The Early Bird Deadline is
September 18, 2017!
Spaces are limited.
Note: Refunds will be issued provided a request is made to the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists two weeks prior to the event. Refunds will be given in full less a 15% administrative charge.
UPCOMING SEATING AND MOBILITY WORKSHOPS
Thunder Bay - February 2018 TBD
Sarnia/Windsor - Spring 2018 TBD
Toronto OSOT Conference - October 2018 TBD