CAOT Benefits and Services
Professional Liability Insurance Plan
Protects you against liability/allegations for damages resulting from a negligent act, error, omission or malpractice arising out of your profession as an occupational therapist. Liability insurance offered through BMS Group includes sexual abuse therapy and counseling fund endorsement. This coverage also meets the requirements of all Canadian regulatory bodies.
- For-member by-member insurance program offers the best product for occupational therapists
- Full and cost-effective coverage
- Enhanced coverage
- Enhanced risk services with Risk Proof: The Risk Management Magazine for CAOT
- Specialized legal services with Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP (Gowlings) - Click here for more information.
For more information, please click here.
Insurance for Professional Practice
If you are incorporated or employ OTs and OTAs, you should consider additional coverage, which protects your business assets in the event that your business name is included in a statement of claim or lawsuit.
- Professional liability insurance for clinic
- Multi-Discipline Clinics
- Business Package Insurance
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
Group Affinity Programs
- CAOT Extended Insurance Plan can help protect your income, a business you might establish, and ultimately, your lifestyle, in the event the unexpected happens. Through Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, the program combines the flexibility of an individual plan with the cost advantage of a group plan to help you take advantage of a broad range of protection benefits for you and your family.
- GoodLife Fitness Membership - Save up to 55% off of the regular individual GoodLife membership rates and get access to over 320+ GoodLife Fitness Clubs across Canada and Energie Cardio in Quebec
- Member and Associate Assistance Program (MAAP) a significant health and wellness benefit that offers members (and their families) access to short-term counselling from highly experienced and trained professionals in a variety of areas.
- BarkBuilder website design platform offers exclusive rates for an extremely flexible and robust content management system.
- Personal Home and Auto Group Insurance offers you personalized coverage, attractive discounts and quality service. The Personal is proud to partner with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists to bring you home and auto insurance designed to suit your needs.
- Discounts on publications, conference and a variety of products.
- Discount on ALL book purchases from Wiley-Blackwell.
Access to and acquisition of current relevant and evidence-based knowledge, skills and behaviours are the key to the development and use of best practices in occupational therapy
- Over 40 Lunch and Learn Webinars (every Tuesday at 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST)
- FREE Member Only Water Cooler Talks (Thursday at 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST)
- FREE Management Monday (Monday at 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST)
- CAOT Workshops providing evidence-based and hands-on education near you.
- Career Readiness Online Module (CROMe) is an interactive online program that will support you throughout your career planning process from job searching to resume writing and interviewing.
- Momentum (Online Mentoring Module) allows individuals/mentees to explore the concepts of mentorship, coaching, networking and partnering.
- CAOT National Conference. Join us in Banff, Albert for the CAOT 2016 Conference.
Advocacy & Government Relations
- Monthly Occupational Therapy Resources packages on a different area of practice
- Representation to Government – yearly meetings with Members of Parliament from across the country and parties.
- Partnerships With International, National and Provincial Groups, Associations and Lobby Groups
- Extended Health Insurance Lobby
- Federal Election 2015 Tool Kit
- Position Statements on a variety of relevant topics, such as Autism Spectrum Disorders and Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Driver Rehabilitation and Occupational Therapy in Primary Care.
- CAOT’S Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogger, Instagram, YouTube and Google+ connects you with the larger online occupational therapy community and relevant and timely information.
- CAOT’s Occupational Therapy Networks connect you with colleagues and allow you to exchange information regarding research and practice
- New FREE WFOT allows you access to a wide range of benefits and discounts in addition to joining a global occupational therapy community
CAOT Periodicals and Publications
- Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy (CJOT) fosters advancement and growth of research, theory and practice in occupational therapy.
- Occupational Therapy Now is the Association's practice magazine and is published six times a year. Occupational Therapy Now provides occupational therapists with information to meet the challenges of their day-to-day practice.
- Risk Proof: The Risk Management Magazine for CAOT is the Risk management and insurance magazine that provides evidence-informed educational and practical client safety resources.
- Access online journals including the American (AJOT), Australian (AOTJ), British (BJOT), Hong Kong (HKJOT), Indian (IJOT), New Zealand Journal of Occupational Therapy (NZJOT), South African (SAJOT) (limited access) and Journal of Occupational Science
CAOT Member Exclusive
- Use of OT(C) with signature. Members are entitled to use the initials O.T.(C) or Erg (C) after their names where not prohibited by provincial/territorial law. It is the responsibility of the member to determine eligilibility to use the initials.
- Funding through the Canadian Occupational Therapy Foundation (COTF), which offers several grants and scholarships each year.
- CAOT Members Pins
National Occupational Therapy Certification Examination (NOTCE)
- NOTCE Resource Manual
- Trail Occupational Therapy Examination Manual (TOTEM) and Trial Occupational Therapy Examination (TOTE)
- TOTEM "Ready for Work" Bundle Discounted bundle - membership, insurance, and TOTEM/TOTE
- Occupational Therapy Exam Module (OTEM) assists candidates to prepare for the National Occupational Therapy Certification Examination (NOTCE) through online group discussion of practice questions.
If you have any questions regarding your member benefits and services, please do not hesitate to contact Chantal Houde, our Membership Services Representative at 1-800-434-2268 ext. 236, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CAOT Professional Liability Insurance Program
- Benefits and Services
- Member and Associate Assistance Program
- CAOT Extended Insurance Plan
- Goodlife Fitness- Member
- Goodlife Fitness- Public
- Member and Associate Categories
- Corporate Associate
- Member and Associate Services
- National Occupational Therapy Certification Examination(NOTCE)
- Membership Video
- My Profile