Get to know you CAOT Benefits and Services
CAOT offers you access to valuable services and resources, which have been created through collaboration with occupational therapists across Canada and designed especially to promote excellence in what we do.
Click on the images below to explore CAOT's Benefits and Services!
- Share your knowledge and research through CAOT’s network, portals, communities of practice and at CAOT’s public education events.
- Show Pride use of OT(C) with signature. Members are entitled to use the initials O.T.(C) or Erg (C) after their names where not prohibited by provincial/territorial law. It is the responsibility of the member to determine eligilibility to use the initials.
- Stay informed! Occupational Therapy Now allows you to share and publish relevant, evidence-based information from your practice. A variety of articles help relay practical information and association news to help advance excellence in occupational therapy practice, policy, research and education
- Be on the inside track with relevant and content rich professional development opportunities, such as exclusive Water Cooler Talks, Lunch & Learns and workshops across Canada.
- Connect with a larger online community through CAOT’S Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogger, Instagram and Google+.
- Join us in Winnipeg, Manitoba for the 2015 national conference. Highlights include the annual Muriel Driver Memorial Lecture and CAOT Awards Ceremony, timely and topical Professional Issue Forums and information rich pre and post-conference workshops.
- Network with industry and like-minded organizations that support occupational therapy through their Corporate Associate membership. Working together to advance the profession!
- Advance the development, use and practice of occupational therapy worldwide by joining the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT). For a minimal price of $30 (plus tax), CAOT members can become an individual member of the WFOT and receive all the benefits and resources therein. For more information or if you would like to become a member of WFOT, please contact Member and Associate Services
- Build public awareness through informative and succinct position statements on a variety of relevant topics such as Autism Spectrum Disorders and Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Driver Rehabilitation and Occupational Therapy in Primary Care.
- Get involved with CarFit Canada. The CarFit educational program is a great way to engage with your local community and fellow CAOT members as they plan CarFit events across Canada.
- Take part in interprofessional education programs. CAOT has partnered with the Speech-Language and Audiology Canada, and the Dietitians of Canada to develop and host a workshop for occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and dietitians in the fall of 2015.
- Build capacity and train interprofessional health care providers with the continuation of the elder abuse and mistreatment initiative.
- Get free access to American Journal of Occupational Therapy (AJOT), the British Journal of Occupational Therapy (BJOT), Australian Occupational Therapy Journal (AOTJ), New Zealand Journal of Occupational Therapy (NZJOT), the Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy (CJOT) and others.
Be the Change:
- Have a voice! CAOT is working with provincial and international occupational therapy associations to advance the access to occupational therapy services.
- Collaborate! CAOT actively works with the provincial associations and other stakeholders to make occupational therapy accessible to all Canadians.
- Make a difference! Alongside partners, CAOT has a voice in the development of the future of the healthcare system in Canada; ensuring occupational therapy is valued.
- Champion occupational therapy! Use the tools and resources, developed by CAOT, to represent and promote the profession to the general public, stakeholders and decision makers in your region.
- Achieve your potential! Take part in opportunities to network, become a mentee, connect with colleagues and grow your practice.
- Build the future of the profession! Become a mentor. Join a committee. Volunteer. Support fieldwork education!
Don’t miss out on your CAOT Benefits
Members also have access to:
- BMS Group Professional Liability Insurance protects you against liability/allegations for damages resulting from a negligent act, error, omission or malpractice arising out of your profession as an occupational therapist.
- Personal Home and Auto Group Insurance offers you personalized coverage, attractive discounts and quality service. The Personal is proud to partner with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists to bring you home and auto insurance designed to suit your needs. In business since 1974, The Personal works with over 600 of Canada’s most prominent organizations.For more information, click here. The Personal’s home and auto group insurance offers you personalized coverage, attractive discounts and quality service. What’s more, your spouse and dependents can benefit from your group offer.
- MAAP provides you and your family with access to career, legal, financial, employment, business, relationship and other counselling services.
- BarkBuilder website design platform offers exclusive rates for an extremely flexible and robust content management system.
- Eligible to apply for funding through the Canadian Occupational Therapy Foundation (COTF), which offers several grants and scholarships each year.
- Exclusive access to a wealth of resources on CAOT’s Member ONLY section.
- Discounts on publications, conference and a variety of products.
- Discount on ALL book purchases from Wiley-Blackwell.
- Free access to the HT Health Works website which will allow you and your family, or clients, the ability to monitor personal health history. Please use referral ID: CAOT when registering.