CAOT-BC Outstanding Occupational Therapist of the Year Award
The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – British Columbia will recognize members living in British Columbia who have made an outstanding contribution to the profession throughout his or her career. Only one (1) award will be granted each year. Nominations for this Award will be considered annually but the Award will be made only when recognition is merited in accordance with stated criteria. Nominators whose nomination is unsuccessful in a particular year may allow the nomination to stand for a maximum of three successive years.
Criteria for Selection
Nominations must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees shall be individual or life members of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists currently living in British Columbia.
- Nominees shall have worked as an occupational therapist for a minimum of five years.
- Nominees shall be making, or have made contributions that influence the profession, directly or indirectly, in at least one of the following areas:
- Demonstrating dedication to education and guiding, supporting and encouraging the development of occupational therapy students;
- Demonstrating expertise or innovation in one or more practice areas in roles in academic or practice education, consultation, administration or research;
- Developing an innovative occupational therapy practice or working extensively with community/client groups;
- Making a sustained commitment to the profession by acting as a leader and a role model.
Visit the CAOT-BC General Information page.
Stephen has been recognized by his Vancouver colleagues for his exceptional contributions to the professional community and to the lives of individuals living in British Columbia with mental illness and substance use disorders.