Nominations deadline is December 1, 2018
To be a director of the Corporation an individual must be at least 18 years of age. No person who has been declared incapable by a court or who has the status of a bankrupt shall be a director.
To be an eligible candidate for WFOTdirector, you must:
- Be a member of the Association;
- Have practiced occupational therapy for at least five (5) years;
- Have served as a director on the Board;
- Be an individual member of the WFOT; and
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
The Governance Committee may make a written request to the Board for the waiver of some qualifications. In its discretion, the Board may grant the waiver of such qualifications.
- Understanding the functions and responsibilities of the WFOT Council and CAOT Board
- Awareness of valuable networks and contacts for the occupational therapy community
- Knowledge on a diversity of issues related to occupational therapy
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to guide work to meet the mission, vision and strategic priorities of WFOT and CAOT
- Ability to commit interest, energy and ideas for the work of WFOT and the CAOT Board
- Willingness to consider other viewpoints and seek consensus
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Participate as a full voting member of the Board;
- Be familiar and comply with the bylaws, governance manual, code of ethics and policies of the Association;
- Represent CAOT and its positions to the WFOT;
- Actively contribute to the work of WFOT on behalf of CAOT; and
- Attend all Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting of CAOT, during which time you set policy, determine strategic directions for the Association and monitor compliance with the Board policy and achievement of strategic priorities.
Anywhere in Canada
Term of office
Four years commencing October 1, 2019.
To complete the nomination, you must be prepared to submit the following to email@example.com:
- Signed nomination form;
- A 150-word statement of Association priorities;
- A 350-word resume;
- A curriculum vitae outlining your education, work history, past professional offices held and research accomplishments;
- A headshot photograph (head/shoulder, high resolution).