CAOT Professional Liability Insurance
Over 92% of our members trust our Canada-wide insurance protection to help risk-proof their practice!
CAOT Professional Liability Insurance at a glance
- Professional liability coverage designed for and only available to members of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- For-member by-member insurance program. Full and cost-effective coverage that protects members 24/7 in all employment circumstances anywhere in Canada.
- Coverage is written on a claims-made basis and expires on October 1 of each year.
Two comprehensive professional liability insurance plans are available:
- More coverage for same low price! Option1 now includes $6,000,000 in professional liability insurance (not $5M) for only $59 per year.
- Option2 includes $10,000,000 in professional liability insurance for only $97 per year.
- Special rates for new members during the first two years after graduation. Enjoy 50% off in your first year and 25% in your second.
- Special rates for individuals on maternity/parental leave who will work less than six consecutive months during the membership year. Enjoy 50% off your insurance premium.
- Automatic seven- year extended reporting period for members discontinuing practice or retiring.
- Enhance your insurance program knowledge with Risk Proof: The Risk Management Magazine for CAOT
- Specialized pro-bono legal services with Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
Purchase your CAOT Professional Liability Insurance from CAOT when you renew or join. If you’re a current member, and would like to add insurance to your membership, please contact your CAOT membership team:
1(800) 434-CAOT (2268) ext. 246 or ext. 225 (bilingual) or firstname.lastname@example.org Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm ET
For access to your current insurance certificate, login to My Account.
Note: All options noted above are subject to the applicable Provincial Sales Tax: ON 8%, QC 9%, MB 8%, NL 15% and SK 6%.