Join or Renew
**CAOT’s membership year runs from October 1 st – September 30 th each year. Membership fees are not Pro-rated**
- Canadian citizen or established primary residency in Canada; and
- Have successfully completed the National Occupational Therapy Certification Examination (NOTCE)*; or
- Have qualified for full registration (without restrictions) from a Canadian occupational therapy regulatory body.
- New Grads who have not yet passed the NOTCE, but plan on writing it within the year, may join CAOT as a Provisional Associate.
* Please note: Occupational therapists registered to work in Quebec are not required to complete the National Occupational Therapy Certification Exam (NOTCE) to join CAOT as a member.
Occupational therapists who were awarded grandfathered membership in 1986 or those meeting the criteria for the exam waiver may also register as CAOT members.
For individuals who have not met the first criteria above, registration is contingent upon providing CAOT with documentation (within 1 month of online registration) of current or previous registration with a Canadian regulatory body (without restrictions).
The following membership types are available:
|First-Year||First time CAOT members only – not previously a paying member||$142.50||$180.00|
|New-Grad|| First-time members who are new masters of occupational therapy
graduates (current year)
|Full-time||Work more than 800 hrs between October 1st and September 30th||$260.00||$335.00|
|Part-time||Work less than 800 hrs between October 1st and September 30th||$205.00||$264.00|
|Outside Canada|| Meets eligibility requirements for CAOT membership but living outside
|Non-Practicing***|| Unemployed but anticipating return to practice in the future
Employed in a position unrelated to occupational therapy
Extended/permanent leave of absence from the profession
Full-time graduate student
***To renew as a Non-practicing member, you may not provide; direct service, education, consultation, research or administration in any field of health, education, community and/or social service between October 1st and September 30 th. Should a Non-practicing member resume working within the period noted above, it will be necessary for them to upgrade their status from non-practicing to the appropriate category. Please complete a change/upgrade form and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 613-523-2552.
If you prefer you can register or renew for the 2019-2020 membership year using a Membership Registration form or a Membership Renewal form . Please email completed forms to email@example.com or fax them to 613-523-2552.
- Granted by the Board of CAOT at its own discretion
- Hold current membership for 20 or more consecutive years
- Have practised occupational therapy for at least 20 years or more, consecutive or not
- Demonstrate, in the opinion of the Board, an outstanding contribution to the Association or to occupational therapy as a profession
Life members will have their membership fees automatically renewed each year after Life membership is awarded. If you wish to add insurance or any additional options (CJOT, MAAP) to your membership, please use a Membership Change/Upgrade form. Please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 613-523-2552.
If you have any questions, or need assistance completing your registration/renewal, your membership services team would be happy to help! Please contact email@example.com , or call 1-800-434-2268 ext. 246 (Chris) or ext. 225 (Michelle – bilingual) for assistance.