CAOT-BC Practice Networks (formerly Special Interest Groups) provide a forum for sharing expertise and experience in occupational therapy in British Columbia in particular areas of professional interest. The networks act as specialist resources to CAOT-BC and assist CAOT-BC to address the needs of members who work in these areas.
Practice Networks provide opportunities for province-wide networking, information exchange, and resource sharing for occupational therapists through meetings, newsletters and document sharing. They promote and facilitate continuing education through informal educational events or conferences and publications.
CAOT-BC Practice Networks are open to all CAOT-BC members at no charge, and non members for $20.00 per meeting. Other regulated professions may be invited from time to time to participate in specific Practice Network events. All meetings are run via webinar or teleconference, making them accessible to occupational therapists anywhere in BC. CAOT-BC currently supports fourteen Practice Networks and will support members to develop groups in any other areas of professional interest.
Chronic Pain & Occupational Therapy
Private Practice Business Network
CAOT-BC Practice Networks provide a forum for sharing expertise and experience in occupational therapy in British Columbia.
The Practice Network (PN) assists CAOT-BC to identify, monitor and address issues affecting occupational therapy practice across a variety of practice areas.
- Frequency shall be decided by the PN chair and members.
- Method of meeting (e.g. in-person, teleconference, webinar) shall be determined by PN chair and members.
- Teleconference and/or webinar access will be provided by CAOT-BC in order to enable and encourage province-wide participation.
The CAOT-BC Practice Networks report to the CAOT-BC Service Coordinator. Copies of minutes of the meetings will be forwarded to the CAOT-BC Service Coordinator within two weeks of the meeting date. Copies of minutes will be retained by CAOT-BC and will be archived in the practice network section of the CAOT-BC website, as appropriate.
CAOT-BC PN membership is open to all members of CAOT-BC  . A chairperson, who is a member of CAOT-BC will be decided upon by PN members.
PN meetings are also open to non-CAOT-BC members for a fee  . Fees are as follows:
$20 per meeting
- To establish a province-wide network among members in the practice area.
- To identify key issues affecting occupational therapy in the practice area.
- To provide recommendations to CAOT-BC related to education and resource needs of occupational therapists in the practice area.
- Provide education (formal and informal) to the network, as appropriate .
Occasionally the need arises for the creation of a short-term or task-specific subgroup to address a specific objective or fill a specific purpose. For these subgroups, the CAOT-BC Practice Network Terms of Reference will apply. Creation of a subcommittee, as well as any changes to subcommittee purpose and activities must be discussed with CAOT-BC Service Coordinator prior to creation.